Capirotada

It's official... I 'm back! Boy, did I ever have a hard time making a decision about what I should teach you how to make. I looked back at all of the many emails and requests and determined there were a lot of people requesting I make a Capirotada. Now let's be honest, depending on where you come from in Mexico this recipe will be a little different.

In the video I showed how to make Capirotada without the use of piloncillo. If you do have that available to you then by all means that would be the first option, but since I know that so many people have a hard time finding that I went ahead and demonstrated a way to make this without it. As I mentioned in the video some people confuse Capirotada with Budin de Pan. I already anticipate the emails that people will be sending me about that but be assured they are two very different recipes.

I can't tell you how excited I am to be back doing what I love most! See you back here next Monday with another fabulous Authentic Mexican recipe.

Cheers!

See you in the kitchen,








Oven Temp. 350 F

4-6 bolillos cubed (depending on size)
1 stick of butter (melted)
6 oz queso fresco
1/2 cup raisins
3 medium apples ( I used Gala)
1 cup peanuts ( I used salted)
3 tbsp cinnamon sugar (mix 3 tbsp white sugar with 1/2 tsp cinnamon)

Syrup
1 cup dark brown sugar
2 cups water
2 tbsp molasses
2 Mexican cinnamon sticks (canela)